Recently some blogs, notably Uncertain Principles, have been listing and discussing charities that are non-religious. For those of us that would rather give to a charity that does not pray, preach, evangelize, proselytize and etc. I have collected a short list of those that seem to be most popular.
I am sure that I have missed many more. Feel free to comment with your own favorites. Due to comment spam, comments will be moderated – meaning I will manually review each comment.
To see financial and other important information about a charity, please refer to
- Alternative Gifts International
- Amnesty International
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Doctors Without Borders
- Freedom from Hunger
- FINCA International
- International Aids Vaccine Initiative
- Kiva – Loans that change lives
- Mercy Corps
- Oxfam International
- Partners In Health (PIH), Health Care for the Poor
- PATH A catalyst for global health
- Pathfinder International Changing Lives, Saving Lives
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc.
- Second Harvest
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- TechnoServe – Business Solutions to Rural Poverty
- The Nature Conservancy
- WHO World Health Organization
UPDATE January 2011
Recently I have become aware of the Foundation Beyond Belief whose mission is:
”To demonstrate humanism at its best by supporting efforts to improve this world and this life and to challenge humanists to embody the highest principles of humanism, including mutual care and responsibility.”
I am impressed with their both their mission as well as their actions. I encourage you to check them out for yourself at the link above.